Saturday, March 5, 2011

Dropkick Murphys - Going Out in Style

You'll Never Beat the Irish

With St. Paddys Day rapidly approaching I've been jamming out to a lot of Irish music, both folk and rock. When the Dropkick Murphys's new album hit the shelves I knew I had to give it a listen. I've long been a fan of the band and they didn't disappoint me here.

This album features great covers such as The Irish Rover first made famous by Irish folk group The Pogues years ago. I didn't think anyone would be able to beat their version but The Dropkick Murphys proved me wrong. There are of course many great originals, including the title track. Rock and Roll legend Bruce Springsteen is featured on Peg O' My Heart, which is my favorite track of the album. If they Dropkick Murphys never released another album they would certainly be going out in style with this. So far the year's top album this is not an album to be missed. Happy St. Patrick's Day to The Dropkick Murphys and all those who love the Shamrock Shore.

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment